NetChoice is a trade association that works to make the internet safe for free expression and free enterprise.
For two decades, NetChoice has advocated on the pressing tech issues of the day, including internet taxes, social media, data privacy, the peer-to-peer (sharing) economy, and use of drones and e-scooters. We have a reputation for being agile and assertive with our viewpoints. In many ways, NetChoice is different from other trade associations.
Candidates are expected to be keenly interested in the intersection of tech and government, a policy area that is only growing in importance. They will need to be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Basic Function of the Position:
This position reports to NetChoice President & CEO. The Member Communications Manager will manage agendas, reports, and meetings/calls with NetChoice member companies, and assist with marketing to new members. The role is open to candidates with skills in coordinating communications and meetings regarding complex and rapidly changing circumstances. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Manage the workflow and reporting between NetChoice and its member companies among several issue areas of interest to members (e.g., Privacy, antitrust, content moderation, marketplaces, etc.)
- Maintain tracking documents for NetChoice deliverables in each issue area.
- Create bespoke responses, interactions, and member relations with our points of contacts in policy, communications, and legal at our member companies
- Produce weekly agendas for member calls, monthly reports of NetChoice’s work, proposals for new projects, and maintain consistent communication with America’s tech corporations
- Document and coordinate rapid responses to questions and requests from members, working closely with the NetChoice policy & legal team and public affairs shop.
- Attend events and represent NetChoice professionally when networking.
- Additional responsibilities depending on your interests, skills, and experience.
Work Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of experience in corporate relations, external affairs, and member development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent experience.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- Comfortable with an organization that supports free markets and limited government.
- Must be interested in the intersection of technology and policy.
- Familiarity with contemporary tech policy issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Google Suite, and major social media services.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com