NetChoice is a trade association that works to make the internet safe for free expression and free enterprise.
For two decades, NetChoice has advocated on the pressing tech issues of the day, including internet taxes, social media, data privacy, the peer-to-peer (sharing) economy, and use of drones and e-scooters. We have a reputation for being fast and strongly assertive with our viewpoints. In many ways, that separates us from other trade associations.
Candidates are expected to be keenly interested in the intersection of tech and government, a policy area that is only growing in importance. They will need to be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Basic Function of the Position:
This position reports to NetChoice’s Director of Public Affairs who works 75% remotely from Tampa, FL. The Public Affairs Associate or Manager will work to maintain our existing communications functions while expanding our reach to new audiences. The role is open to candidates of varying experience, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Write and edit public-facing items, including press releases, op-eds, blogs, ads, and videos.
- Monitor media environment and NetChoice pickups, and pitch op-eds, radio hits, and broadcast appearances to outlets.
- Facilitate and bolster relationships with journalists, influencers, and producers, and coordinate interview requests and prepare staff for interviews.
- Plan and execute policy events and briefings, including pitching NetChoice staff as panelists to other organizations
- Attend events and represent NetChoice professionally when networking.
- Manage NetChoice’s digital presence, including our website, social media accounts, and advertising.
- Graphic design experience (optional).
- Additional responsibilities depending on your interests, skills, and experience.
- 2+ years of professional work experience, with 1+ years in communications, media relations, or external affairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent experience.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- Supportive of free-market principles.
- Must be interested in technology, government, and policy.
- Familiarity with contemporary tech policy issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Google Suite, and major social media services.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com